A website dedicated to books in the Young Adult genre, featuring book reviews, author interviews contests and much more!


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Guest Post with Pam Bachorz, Author of Drought!

Top Ten Places to kick back and enjoy a great book
- by Pam Bachorz

1. A hammock with a tall glass of iced tea. Although I never really know where to PUT the iced tea.


2. The aisle seat in an airplane, with husband next to me, entertaining my son in the window seat.


3. The old red barrel chair in my father's study; I'd sit there for hours reading while he talked on his ham radio.

4. My sister's couch in Jersey, preferably after we've gone out for a pedicure!

5. One of the chairs next to the 2nd-floor rear windows of the Mugar Memorial Library at BU, my alma mater.

6. In a paddleboat, in the middle of the little lake where my family has a cabin.

7. Snuggled in bed with my son, reading him a good book.

8. Tucked in the coveted recliner in my family's cabin, next to the picture window while a thunderstorm rolls through.

9. Right next to a roaring fire on a cold winter's night.

10. In one of the rocking chairs by the lake in downtown Celebration, Florida, where we used to live!


Books by Pam Bachorz

DroughtCandor


Pam Bachorz grew up in a small town in the Adirondack foothills, where she participated in every possible performance group and assiduously avoided any threat of athletic activity, unless it involved wearing sequined headpieces and treading water.

Pam, who lived in Florida when she wrote CANDOR, currently lives near Washington, DC. When she's not writing, reading, working or parenting, Pam likes to go to museums and theater performances, and watch far too much television.

As far as she knows, Pam has never been brainwashed. Or maybe that's just what she's supposed to say.
Official Website

Be sure and check out The Teen Book Scene for more tour stops!

1 comment:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love her list! Pedis with my sis is on my list of favs too :)