A website dedicated to books in the Young Adult genre, featuring book reviews, author interviews contests and much more!


Sunday, July 5, 2009

2009 Book Challenge List

Here I am listing all the book challenges I'm getting involved with this year. Wish me luck!

CHALLENGE #1


This is where I'm planning on keeping track of my completed novels for the '09 Debut Authors Challenge. This challenge was started by Kristi at the Story Siren. Once I have my reviews up, I'll link them back to this list too.

READ:
1. Jessica's Guide to Dating the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
2. Wings by Aprilynne Pike
3. Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev
4. Candor by Pam Borchaz

TO READ:
1. You are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay
3. Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell
4. Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
5. Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter by R. J. Anderson
6. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
7. Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog
8. Purge by Sarah Darer Littman
9. Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard
10. Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis
11. Dull Boy by Sarah Cross
12. Meridian by Amber Kizer
13. Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
14. The Hollow by Jessica Verday

CHALLENGE #2



This event is hosted by J. Kaye. It's the 1st in a Series Challenge. The challenge runs through 2009. The goal is to read 12 books that are the first in any series. You can join the challenge at any time. I love reading series and am always looking for a new one to read.

Here are my picks:
1. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
2. Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev
3. The Hollow by Jessica Verday
4. Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
5. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
6. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
7. Airhead: Being Nikki by Meg Cabot
8. The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
9. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
10. Demon Princess by Michelle Rowen
11. Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey
12. Stupid Cupid by Rhonda Stapleton
13. Ghost Huntress Book 1: The Awakening by Marley Gibson.

CHALLENGE #3

J.Kaye's Book Blog is hosting the "Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge" She's is a big supporter of the library and what better way to encourage others than by having a challenge like this.

The rules are simple. Just read books checked out from your local library. They can be any kind of books including audio, downloads, children's, and YA. The challenge runs from 1/1/09 to 12/31/09.

There are three levels of challenges:

1. Read 12 books from your local library.
2. Read 25 books from your local library.
3. Read 50 books from your local library.

The only stipulation is that they HAVE to be read in 2009. You can join anytime. The other thing is that you have to choose which level you are going to complete when you join.

I am a frequent library user, so I think I can handle the 25 book challenge. I will list my books as I go-

1. Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
2. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
3. The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod: eighth grade bites by Heather Brewer
4. Ghost Huntress. Book 1. The Awakening by Marley Gibson.
5. Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
6. Vacations from Hell, by Libba Bray, etal.
7. Switch by Carol Snow
8. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau- Banks by E. Lockhard.
9. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
10. The Magician by Michael Scott
11. Stray by Rachel Vincent
12. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
13. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
14. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
15. The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like loads of fun! Maybe I'll join a reading challenge this year.